Online Only: Usually ships within 5-12 Days
Strike at Reitsch’s Bowling Center was opened in August 1956 by Robert Reitsch in a newly constructed building on North Main Street at a cost of $250,000, which in 2015 dollars would equate to $2,190,410.44. The 24 lane bowling emporium was considered to be Northern Illinois most modern bowling facility at the time and featured AMF automatic pin spotters making it the second bowling alley in the Rockford area to feature this new device. The complex also included a restaurant, banquet room and cocktail lounge. The entire building had zone heating and air conditioning where the temperature for the alleys, restaurant, lounge and locker rooms could be set for individual areas comfort levels. Robert Reitsch was a former All-America football player at the University of Illinois, coached football at St. Thomas High School for three years in Rockford, and owned a local lumber yard before building Strike at Reitsch’s, remaining an avid supporter of the Rockford Boys and Girls Club. John Floberg bought the bowling alley from Robert and ran it until 1987 when he sold it to Ten Pin Lanes. The building has since been demolished. Many memories remain however for the people who once bowled or dined here.
52% combed and ring-spun cotton 48% polyester, preshrunk, 4.2 oz.